Thursday, December 27, 2007

God is so Good!

I really am having trouble finding words for what a blessing the last two weeks have been. The Lord has richly blessed us in all things. I have been blessed to be a part of the birth of one of my dearest friend's third child. How can anyone ever get over the wonder of new life? I got to rejoice with our church body Sunday morning, when our friends arrived, just home from China with their new beautiful daughter. I enjoyed a lovely holiday with my parents, after not seeing them for a year. We have an approved home study in the mail and on it's way in record time. I received my passport in only nine days...yes NINE days! The Lord has provided for the first $10.000.00 of this adoption, in one month (for those of you keeping track, only about $13,000.00 to go)! I really am having a hard time wrapping my mind around how fast all this is going. A little over a month ago I was sure I was never going to have any more children. Sure the Lord had closed the door to both my womb and adoption. In just four short weeks He has shown us our new children, bound our hearts to theirs, provided for over a third of the need funds, encouraged and blessed me richly. His plan truly is best. I think about my friends who just got back from China, with their newest daughter Ellie. After many devastating losses and an excruciating two year wait for Ellie, what a joy it was to see her in the arms of her mother. It was no difficult task praising our Lord, when it was all said and done. Well worth the wait and the struggle. Oh, how I long to be in the place when I can praise Him in the midst of the heartache. I have been pleading with Him for nearly four years to give us more children. Many tears have been shed over the last four years. Tears of repentance, tears of heartache, tears only a barren woman can know, tears of anger, tears of loss and grief. Now, I cry tears of joy. Nothing has changed really, I still am not pregnant, I still do not have Melissa and William in my arms. We still have many mountains to climb before they are. To top it all off, we are painfully aware, that they may never be in our arms. This one thing I know...I serve an awesome, good, sovereign God. No plan of His can be thwarted. If He has ordained that these children be ours, then no power on earth can stop it. If has ordained this to be yet another trial, that ends in seeming loss, I pray He will give the grace for me to say, even still, I serve an awesome, good, and sovereign God...may His name alone be forever praised! Blessings to you all, we love you all dearly. Thank you for your friendship, love, and prayers.

0 comments: