Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Me Monday






This past week I did not find myself on several occasions acting like a child.

For instance, while playing Wii with my child, after I scored a 257 during a game of bowling, I did not prance around the living room singing, "I am the champion." Not only would that be immature, but it would be setting a terrible example to my children on how to be a gracious winner.

While cutting my quilt to make it all nice and straight for binding, I did not accidentally cut a strip wrong. Then of course, if I had done such a thing, I would respond by calming thanking God for this providence, and giving me the opportunity to learn how to fix my mistake. I would never respond by dropping to the floor, rolling around, while stopping me feet, screaming, "Nooooooo!"

If I were to throw such a fit, my youngest child would never respond with, "Mommy, you are funny." Of course she would know by now that mommy NEVER overreacts to anything. Me, I am as cool and calm as a cucumber....always.

While giving my daughter her much begged for spelling quiz, I did not find myself disinterested and thinking on everything BUT spelling. Since I was so focused on the task at hand, I certainly was not giving her words to her like so, "Walk, W-A-L-K, Walk. I will take a walk in the woods." When she would reply, "MOMMY!" I would surly notice right away my error, and not assume she was ready for a new word. Since I am so observant, I wouldn't continue to do this several more times, before my sweet girl finally said, "Mommy, quit spelling the words." I am an excellent and focused teacher...no way I would ever do this.

See what else people are not doing over at Mckmama's.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL :)
Such is the life in our home.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Great Not Me Monday. Sometimes we all act like children.

Happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't take any pleasure in beating my children in a game either. Of course not. ;)

Cathy said...

I don't stomp around and act like a child either.... :-)
Great list!

Unknown said...

In the spirit of NOT You Monday......

I'd NEVER leave a comment on a blog, just to let someone know that my 6 year old holds our house Wii bowling record, with a score of 267!!!

We certainly did NOT have him go sign on and check his score, so we could be sure we were right, just so we could post this....

We did NOT think your kids would enjoy teasing you with, "Mom, a 6 year old scored higher than you!"

But, I am also NOT willing to bet that he has played it a lot more than you have!!!

So, you still might beat him!!, or NOT! :-)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I love the part about the Wii winning. I would totally NOT do that too. :-)

Mama in Uganda said...

I noticed that you are one of my followers?! I pray that somehow, through my feeble attempts, you will be encouraged when you stop by my blog. To God be the glory--as I am just the "scum of the earth" desiring to obey my Father.

Scrappy quilter said...

LOL, I don't need to win either, nope not me. And who stomps their feet or might slam the door, not me. Great post.